Basic installation (for window units 8k BTU or less) $95 includes bracket installation
- The basic installation is all you need to have your small-medium AC securely installed in a way that meets NYC regulations.
- For the basic installation, we follow the manufacturer's instruction manual.
- The unit is screwed to the window in a way that it cannot be opened without using tools.
- We insulate the window using the insulation that comes with your AC.
- We do not provide any extra parts, other than screws.
- If there is an ac currently installed that needs to be uninstalled, there will be an additional fee to uninstall it.
- We install the unit in the lower section of a standard double hung window, up to 36-37 inches wide (depending on ac model). If your window is extra wide, we may need to customize the installation with plexiglass.
If your AC has been installed before, please make sure all the parts are still intact.
The top rail and accordion wings must be intact for the basic installation
Example of a Basic Window AC Installation.
Rates for Basic Window AC Installation. Midea U shape AC is a flat $150, regardless of BTU.
BTU/Size of AC
Up to 8K BTU
|Up to 10K BTU||$165||$115|
|Up to 12K BTU||$175||$125|
|Up to 15K BTU||$215||$165|
|Up to 18K BTU||$235||$185|
|Up to 25K BTU||$255||$205|
|Up to 36K BTU||$275||$225|
The fees for the add-ons below get added to the Basic rates.
- Friedrich Kuhl models = Add $25
- Safety bar which allows the window to open while the AC stays secure = $50 ($60 for windows wider than 46 inches)
- Silicone caulking = $10
- Clear Plexglass instead of accordion panels = $40 up to 30 inch wide windows and $4 per inch after 30 inches.
- Frosted Plexiglass instead of accordion panels = $50 up to 30 inch wide windows and $5 per inch after 30 inches.
- Opaque (1 side painted) Plexiglass instead of accordionpanels = $60 up to 30 inch wide windows and $6 per inch after 30 inches
- Top section of window = $80-$300 (depending on the height of window and size of ac)
- Horizontal sliding window = $60-$130 depending on the size of window
- Casement window/fixed (window cannot open) = $75-$300
- Uninstall old AC and leave it in apartment (If we are already there to install a new AC)= $15-$80(8k btu or less = $15| 10k btu = $20| 12k btu = $25| $15k btu = $40| 18k btu = $60, 22k btu and more = $80). Custom installed units or certain designed units will be more difficult to remove and nmay have higher fees.
- Uninstall old unit as a separate job (if we are going there just to uninstall) = 5kbtu-8kbtu $70, 10kbtu $80, 12k BTU $90, 15k BTU $100, 18k BTU $120, 25k btu $160, 36k BTU $180. Some older models or custom installs will have higher fees.
- Removal of old AC, carry to garbage area or sidewalk of your building = $10-$100 depending on size of ac and flights of stairs
- Removal of old AC, and remove from your property or building complex = $60-$200
- Removal of child safety bars = $30 per window
- Carrying up new ac from building lobby = $20-$100 depending on BTU and stairs
|Window Air Conditioner|
|Double Hung Window|
Through-the-wall installations rates
The basic installation for Through the wall units is $90. Some through wall installations are considered custom jobs, and will cost more. Extra insulation is $10.
Questions that need to be answered before booking the installation.
- Name, address, phone #
- Describe what you need done (e.g., "I need my my old ac uninstalled and new ac that I already purchased to be installed" or "I need you to reinstall my current ac, with plexiglass instead of the accordion panels")
- Is the AC a window or through the wall unit?
- Include model numbers, web links, photos of the equipment/air conditioners, photos of the windows or wall sleeve.
- Does your building management require a support bracket be installed under the ac unit? Do you already have a support bracket installed on the window or do you have one that you need us to install, and if so, which bracket do you have (picture/screenshot of it is best?
- Does your building have any specific rules or a policy in regards to having your ac installed?
- The BTU size of the unit (there is usually a label on the side, bottom or inside the grill, which says the model number and BTU). If you are unsure of the BTUs, we will need the height, length and depth, as well as weight of the unit.
- The measurements of the window or wall opening? (Don't have a measuring tape? You can use a standard sheet of paper, which is 8.5x11 inches. (e.g., 3 sheets of paper across the window opening are 33 inches)
- For window installations, do you want it installed in the bottom of a standard double hung window, or top window, casement window, horizontal window, etc?
- Is the unit new or has it been installed before?
- If it has been installed before, is it missing any original parts? If you are unsure, we will need photos of the unit from all angles.
- What kind of electrical plug does your unit have (standard, or high voltage)
- What kind of electrical outlet is at the installation location (standard or high voltage)? Does it look like it matches the plug?
- Are there child safety bars installed in the window, or any other obstructions that need to be removed so the AC can be installed?
- What's your schedule like for the installation? What day(s)/times would you like the installation on? The more options for days/times, the more chances we can fit you in.
For insurance requests, please ask your building management for the "COI Requirements, or Sample COI"